Preceptor & Student Boundaries: Sylacauga
After participating in this CME activity, participants will be able to:
1. Identify factors that can place a preceptor at risk for crossing a teacher-student boundary.
2. Identify guidelines that faculty and students can follow that will prevent boundary crossings between teachers and students.
3. Given case examples, determine if a teacher-student boundary was crossed.
4. State the consequences of teacher-student boundary crossings.
5. Develop a brief set of personal guidelines for preventing teacher-student boundary crossings in the setting in which he/she is currently teaching.
TEACHING ACOM STUDENTS:
5 minutes Introduction and Workshop Overview
60 minutes Teacher-Student Relationships in Medical Education: Boundary Considerations
- 2.00 AAFP
- 2.00 AOA Category 1-A